By Chris Garbutt
It’s been a while, but I thought it was time for another Friday 5. Vegetables are finally fresh again! So let’s look at five links on what to do with them:
1. Radishes. Radish, Boursin & Chive Tartines.
2. Spinach. Italian Sausage & Spinach Pasta.
3. Asparagus. Well, you can make Chicken, Feta and Asparagus Salad for yourself. Or maybe an Asparagus, Goat Cheese and Lemon Pasta. Of course, you can eat it on its own, but can you eat it with your fingers? Forget all that, just grill it already!
4. Scallions. Make pancakes! Yummy!
5. If you can find some really really fresh peas (I might be pushing this one in Toronto right now), try this one.
Oh, all right…
Anyone who knows me knows that I am not a big fan of rhubarb. But it is a classic spring vegetable, so enjoy. Just don’t ask me over:
Rhubarb Cobbler – I think this would be amazing with any fruit, by the way. If you substitute, please ask me over.